By protecting and improving our environment, the communities where we do business and the students we serve, Sodexo makes every day a better day and every tomorrow a better tomorrow.

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need to purchase a meal plan?

Yes! It's a great value and it is Carroll College’s policy that all designated Campus Residents purchase a meal plan each semester.

Do Flex Dollars carry over from year to year?

They are carried over from the fall to the spring when a new meal plan is purchased in the spring. They are not carried over from year to year.

Can I change my meal plan if it does not fit my needs?

Yes! Changing to a bigger or smaller meal plan can be done during the first week of school.

What are Flex Dollars?

Flex Dollars are cash values included in all meal plans. They work like a pre-paid debit card with funds kept on your student ID card. 

Do Block Meals carry over from semester to semester?

Block meals may be used during the semester in which are purchased. They do not carry over from semester to semester.

If I'm not a Resident Hall Student, Can I still buy a meal plan?

If you live off-campus, you can purchase a traditional meal at the Carroll College Student Life Office located in O’Connell Hall, room 208.

In This Section

Important Info

Welcome, Guests!

Have a guest over for dinner! You are welcome to bring a friend or family member to The STAC for any meal. Flex Dollars, Block Meals, cash or check are the only methods to purchase guest passes. Please see the cashier for full details.

Seconds Policy

You never have to be shy about asking for seconds with our Campus Dining Program. Our generous policy allows for a second helping of many menu favorites. All you have to do is ask!

Dietary Needs

Do you have particular dietary needs? No problem! Our Campus Dining Services Program can accommodate your special dietary requirements. For more information, please contact the Student Life office located in Room 208 of O'Connell Hall. Requests for accommodation to purchase a particular meal plan or exemption to a meal plan will only be approved for certain financial considerations and medically prescribed diets which Campus Dining Services is unable to meet. Class or employment schedules, vegetarian/vegan and organic diets are not viable reasons to accommodate an exemption to a meal plan. A request must be filed for each new academic school year. Forms are available in the Student Life office located in O'Connell Hall.


Take Out meals will be available upon request. Those who would prefer to take their meals with them must sign up!

Dining Policies

One of our main goals is to provide a pleasant, clean, comfortable and satisfying dining experience. In order to meet this goal, we ask for your assistance with the following procedures:

  • Please bus your dishes and disposables from your table when you have finished dining
  • Please refrain from taking food, dishes or utensils from the dining area.
  • Remember that meal cards are non-transferable. Meal cards cannot be used by anyone but the purchaser.
Carroll College | Dining Services | 1601 N. Benton Ave. | Helena, MT 59601 | tel. (406) 447-4300 | Contact Us